Full slate of weekend activities on tap:
* Attend a double-dip of Polanski -- "Rosemary's Baby" and "Chinatown" -- with a buddy and his wife at the American Cinematheque at the Egyptian on Saturday night. Beers to follow.
* At some point, attempt to catch one or all of these: French film "A Girl Cut in Two," Ricky Gervais-starrer "Ghost Town," or Neal LaBute's latest provocation, "Lakeview Terrace," toplined by Samuel L. Jackson, Patrick Wilson and Kerry Washington.
* Golf's Ryder Cup will take up 16 hours of daytime programming on NBC ... although the absence of Tiger Woods take a bit of the bloom off that rose.
* Keep Fox Soccer Channel tuned for much of the weekend: Chelsea host Manchester United in a clash of English Premier League soccer titans, and matches involving three of the four major Italian Serie A squads -- AC Milan, Roma and Inter Milan -- are also telecast.
* Pittsburgh Steelers bid to open the season 3-0 in an intra-state matchup versus the Philadelphia Eagles.
* Clean the condo, get the car washed, go grocery shopping and do laundry, somewhere in there.
* Finish it all off by watching the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards and rooting heartily for "Mad Men," "Damages" and -- on behalf of the company -- "Two and a Half Men," "Pushing Daisies," Kyra Sedgwick and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
Ready. Set. Go.