Friday, March 14, 2008

Trials and Tribulations

If you should ever call me at work on a Friday morning, chances are I'll be a little distracted or maybe even a bit short on the phone.

Why, you ask?

No, it's not my normal curmudgeonly disposition.

Every Friday, our department has a specific two-part task to accomplish, first in the morning and then in the mid afternoon. It's not difficult, and now that we've gotten the hang of it, it doesn't really take that much time (for my part of it, at least).

That said, the mere presence of the task on our weekly to-do list has become a bit of a running joke for me and a work colleague, faux-arguing and mock-bickering over when the other will complete his part of the work so the other can complete his.

Anyway, if I'm ever testy on the phone on Friday ... blame it on the dude pictured above!

UPDATE, 4:40 p.m.: Make that a three-part task. I forgot about the late-afternoon final shot.

No comments: