Plans and considerations for the weekend...
* Meet a friend for dinner at a fine Italian chain restaurant.
* Listen to this CD, a lot.
* Perhaps take in a movie. Here are this weekend's contenders: critically acclaimed foreign film "4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days"; political thriller "Vantage Point" (written, as it turns out, by an old friend's husband); or another foreign entry, "The Counterfeiters."
* Watch episode eight of "The Wire," aka the finest program in the history of American television, on HBO Sunday night. All in the game, yo.
* Finally, tune in the 80th Annual Academy Awards and hopefully win an Oscar pool ... or two (a brutha's gotta make a mortage payment!).